What they do
The Village Department of Public Works (DPW) has five full time employees. A partial list of the duties that they perform is listed below.
- Operation and Maintenance of 14+ miles of our Municipal water system including valve, hydrant, MDEQ compliance and the water meter system.
- Operation & Maintenance of 15+ miles of our Municipal Sanitary Sewer system including cleaning, manhole repairs and inspections.
- Maintenance of the Municipal storm drainage system including inspections, cleanings, repairs of catch basins.
- Maintenance of Village owned parking lots including snow removal, sweeping, pavement marking & patching as well as cleaning of dumpster enclosures.
- Operations & Maintenance of Scripter Park & Beach and Centennial Park.
- Repair & Maintenance of Public Works vehicles and equipment.
- Maintenance of Village owned properties & Buildings.
- Maintenance & repairs of Village streets and easements including street sweeping, snow/ice control, cold patching, tree trimming, signage, pavement markings and debris removal.
- Maintenance and cleaning of the Downtown District including street lighting, trash removal, sidewalk cleaning, snow removal, tree care and general maintenance.