Promotion takes many forms, but the goal is to create a positive image that will renew community pride and tell your Main Street story to the surrounding region. The techniques we teach, and the variety of tools at your disposal, will help to rekindle the vitality of your community. Promotions communicate your commercial district's unique characteristics, its cultural traditions, architecture, and history and activities to shoppers, investors, potential business and property owners, and visitors.
Purpose: The Promotions Committee sells the image of Downtown Oxford to visitors, shoppers, and potential new businesses by coordinating, communicating, and connecting with existing merchants and property owners.
- Develop systems to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Plan and execute DDA events and promotions.
- Carry out advertising initiatives for the DDA and businesses.
- Continue to increase attendance at events and develop measurements to track improvements
- Develop sponsor and volunteer database
- Creatively utilize limited advertising dollars for the DDA and businesses through social media and other media.
- Develop programs to promote businesses within the district
- Assist in promotion of strengthening communication systems and initiatives including but not limited to: DDA email database, block captains, and Facebook group.
- Develop strategic messages and branding that communicates the DDA’s mission and vision